Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You can travel the world but nothing comes close to the golden coast

I am writing from the second day off in two consecutive weeks. (Last week -- no school Monday, this week no school Tuesday). This is extra excellent because we always have Fridays off. Two three day weeks in a row! Tomorrow we go to Segovia and that will be almost vacation-like except for the lecture we will attend.

On Sunday night, I went to the European Music Video Awards outdoor-concert-ma-bob along with, oh I don't know, ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND other people. (This may be rounding up, but it is not exaggeration) It was very crowded and very difficult to see anything.

Still, I got pictures of a screen of Jared Leto (be still my heart):

and Katy Perry:

And I got to sing along to California Girls in Madrid, which I found utterly delightful and the MadrileƱos around me found annoying.

and Linkin Park. When "Linkin Park" is chanted by a lot of Spanish people it sounds more like "Leaky Park". Which I like a lot.

1st surprise of the night: although I don't like Linkin Park very much, I enjoyed their performance.

2nd surprise: KANYE! He was only onstage for about 1 minute with 30 Seconds to Mars but it was delightful nonetheless.
For some reason I thought that this face would be the best one to make for a picture, and in retrospect I'm not sure I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment