Saturday, January 1, 2011

Things I will miss from Spain

That everyone stays us late
Cafe con leche and giant sugar packets
Zara
Jamon
"Vale, vale"
Pastelerías
My host mom
Wandering around Madrid
Friendly Madrileños
Olive oil
Adorably dressed children
The metro
Christmas lights
Bocadillos
Toast with tomato mashed up on it (this is delicious)
Streets always being cleaned
Better potato chips
Retiro
Farmacias -- you tell them what's wrong, they give you medicine.
Tapas
Botelleon
Ease of traveling around the country
Plazas
Garapiñadas
calle Goya
Siesta
Tortel
Bars not being sketchy
Average height, while not the same as mine, is closer
"No pasa nada"
Huevos estrellados con patatas fritas
The lisp


No doubt this is a little melodramatic, but I think in the future when I look back on this quarter I will associate it mostly with being young and I will miss that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment